The vision for this Developmental League is to create an enviroment that supports the age 5-8 player development respecting their physiological and phsycological needs. For these reasons we align ourself with the USA YOUTH SOCCER PLAYER DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES. Click here to learn more about the US YOUTH SOCCER PLAYER DEVELOPMENT). The small game sessions are open to all schools, KSA developmental and guest players. By promoting small side games we hope that our children will:
- Develop improved skills with the ball
- Improve confidence and comfort
- Develop intelligence with and without the ball
- Develop faster decisions making
- increase game awareness
- Calendar: Saturday 3.23 (serie A), 4.13 (Premier League), 4.20 (MLS), 2:00-3:00pm
- Location: Stopher Elementary 14417 Aiken Road, Louisville 40245
- cost: $ 55 (includes League t-shirt)
- Registration: Click here to register
- Registration deadline: 3.9.19
REVISED LAWS OF THE GAME FOR U-6 & U-8 PLAYERS
1. FIELD OF PLAY: its lenght/touch line being 25/35 yards and its width/goal line being 15/ 25 yards. Goal area: NA. We will have 3 fields with 6 teams, 4 with 8 and 5 with 10. We use these field measures for the Elementary after school program and the Spring and Fall School Tournament.
2. THE BALL: size 3 or 4
3. NUMBERS OF PLAYERS ON A TEAM: team roster: 6; on the field at one time: 4, no goal keeper; substitution: unlimited.
3A. NUMBER OF TEAMS: 6, 8 or 10. KSA will create teams with the registered children and will switch them around each Saturday with the intention of having players of different skill level and age playing with each other each Saturday.
4. PLAYERS EQUIPMENT: short, socks, shin guards (mandatory) and a shirt. KSA will provide pennies of different color.
5. REFEREE: the KSA coach and or the parent volunteer.
6. DURATION OF THE GAME: 10 minutes with 5 minutes break in between games.
7. START and RESTART OF PLAY: Kicks-off are take in center fild mark line. Opponents should be 10 feet away from the ball on all restarts.
8. BALL IN and OUT of PLAY: ball is out of play when its has wholly crossed the sidelines.
9. METHOD OF SCORING: the whole of the ball must cross the goal line between the goal post.
10: OFF-SIDE: no.
11. FOULS AND MISCONDUCT: no red card or yellow card. When a foul occur the coach will award to the other team and take a moment to explain the children and have them shake-hands.
12,13,14,15,16: Kick offs, free kicks, throw-ins, goal kicks and corner kicks are used to start or restart play; Kick-ins and/or dribble-ins are also acceptable; Goal kicks and corner kicks should be taken in the general vicinity of the respective goal or corner; If used, all free kicks are indirect; no penalty Kicks.
17. COMMON SENSE. coaches and players are encouraged to shake hands with opponent before and after the Game.